Bischofit is a natural mineral, which lies near the underground reservoirs. It is an ionic complex, which is predominant in a magnesium ion. Besides magnesium ions – Bishofit contains ions of calcium, sodium and chlorine, in very small quantities present iodine and bromine ions. Bischofit solution is ultra-strong brine with mineralization up to 650 g / l, and a solution of bishofit mineralization of at least 330 g / l is used in balneology.
To prepare the bath 2-4 liters of bishofit solution is poured into the bath, the water temperature should be 35°C, duration of procedure of 10 minutes on the course treatment requires 7-10 treatments.
- diseases of the cardiovascular system: hypertension stage I-II, vegetative-vascular dystonia, cardioneurosis, coronary heart disease (coronary insufficiency without congestive heart failure)
- vascular disease: thrombophlebitis, arterial occlusive disease
- diseases of the nervous system: neurosis, neurasthenia, dystonia, especially accompanied by insomnia and irritability
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis and polyarthritis tubercular origin, spinal diseases, the effects of traumatic lesions of muscles and tendons
- diseases of the female genital organs inflammatory
- skin diseases: psoriasis, neurodermatitis.
Immunosuppressed patients and elderly people can be prepared half-bath instead of a full bath.
For the preparation of half-baths should take fewer bishofit, in such a way that the chest is not immersed in water. Indications for the preparation of half-bath are the same as for the common bath.
Bischofit compresses applied in complex therapeutic and preventive procedures in the treatment of osteochondrosis, arthritis of large joints – the shoulder, knee, elbow. To prepare a compress should be prepared bishofit four-six-layer gauze of appropriate size (according to the size of the joint, which it will not compress applied. Bishofit to compress is not diluted, prepared cloth is soaked in a solution of bischofite, then to squeeze out excess moisture and apply on the painful joint (osteochondrosis – in the area of the spine). The patient should be in a comfortable position in a relaxed state.
Over compress applied parchment paper, medical oilcloth or polyethylene wrap strengthened temporary bandage on top of the dressing is applied warm woolen cloth or the patient is hiding a blanket. Time imposing compress – 30 minutes. Procedure repeated daily or every other day – from 10 to 20 treatments.
If it affects the small joints of arthritis, usually with arthritis, the disease affects the joints of the hands and the small joints of the feet. In these cases, a more efficient and appropriate to apply non diluted bishofit baths. Bischofite solution should be warmed to a temperature of 37-38 ° C, immersed in a foot or hand (and in some cases local baths should be taken at the same time on the feet and hands), duration of the procedure for 15-20 minutes every day or two, at the rate of 10 to 20 procedures.